Play Garden Bingo
Most bingo games have letters and numbers, but this fresh, kid-friendly version will get your family outdoors into the fresh air, searching for a win! Who will be the first to mark a whole row with the things found in the garden and surrounding yard, like flowers, bees, and worms? It’s time to find out.
What You Need:
- Bingo card for each player
- Pencil or crayon
- Clipboard (or book to write on)
Feel free to make your own garden bingo card or easily download a printable copy here!
How to Play:
1. Go outside to the garden.
2. Give all the players a bingo card (turned upside down) and pencil or crayon. No peeking at the card until the game starts!
3. Count to 3. At “3,” all players flip over their cards and start looking for the items in the squares.
4. Mark each garden item found on its space on the card. For instance, if you have a “worm” in a space on your card and you find one in a garden bed, mark that space.
5. A player calls “bingo!” when they have 5 spaces in a row marked horizontally, vertically, or diagonally. Have the winner show you where they found the items marked to check that it’s an actual bingo. If not, keep playing until someone else calls “bingo!”
6. Let the winner pick a prize: a picnic in the backyard, an ice cream sundae, or pancakes for dinner—whatever is easy and fun!
Items to include on Bingo card, with 5 rows of 5: (need 25)
- Sun (center square; others can have any placement)
- Yellow Flower
- Pink Flower
- Bird Nest
- Stick with Leaves
- Heart-Shaped Leaf